I just wanted to share this. It does cost to attend the webinar, b
5-Week Online Course
Wednesdays: January 16 - February 13, 2013
Join Heather T. Forbes, LCSW, live for the next five Wednesday evenings for her ONLINE "Beyond Consequences Classroom" course.
Heather's newly released book, Help for Billy will be the guide for this course and will bring this book to life.
Click here to find out more.
This course will focus on the following school issues:
- How to Smooth School-Related Transitions
- How to Reduce Homework Battles
- What Yelling Does to a Child's Nervous System
- How to Create an IEP That Helps a Child Regulate
- What it Takes to Build the Parent/Teacher Relationship
- What Being Flexible Means Rather Than Being Rigid
- How to Awaken a Child's Internal Sense of Motivation
- Why Reactive Responses Create More Negativity
- How to Break the Negative Cycle in the Classroom
- How to Support Teachers Effectively
- How to Make the Playground a Positive Experience
- What is Driving a Child's Negative Behaviors
- How to Create the Beyond Consequences Classroom
- Why to Replace Time-Outs with Time-Ins
- Why External Controls Are Ineffective
- How to Engage a Resistant Child in Relationship
- Why Emotional Safety Increases Academic Success
- How to Close the Gap in Social Skills Deficits
- What Awakens a Child's Internal Control System
- How to Create Emotional Safety in the Classroom
- How Teachers Can De-Escalate Behaviors Immediately
- How to Effectively Replace Punishment with the Relationship
5 Weeks of LIVE Support
Wednesdays: January 16 - February 13, 2013
Each of the 90 minute classes with meet at the following times on Wednesday and you'll have a chance to ask YOUR questions each session:
9:00 p.m. Eastern
8:00 p.m. Central
7:00 p.m. Mountain
6:00 p.m. Pacific
Each course will be recorded as an MP3, so if you miss the live class, you will still have the information from each session. Each recording will be available within 24 hours of the live class as a download. This also gives you the ability to build your library with all the recordings for future use.
Register and Receive "Two-For-One"
Your registration fee includes two people for the price of one. You and another support person (teacher, principal, guidance counselor, aide, husband, wife, partner, co-parent) will receive all five instructional sessions of LIVE interactive webinar training! This means if you are in two separate locations, you each will be able to log into all the sessions from different computers. This gives your child the abilitiy to have the people in his/her life working from the same framework to ensure the very best academic year.
Don't just "hope for the best" the rest of this school year. When children become challenged in the academic environment, rarely if ever, do things simply work themselves out for the better. Proactive measures can bring about the changes your child needs and provide a much better academic experience. There are many ways to advocate for your child's educational experience to be the very best it can be for him/her!
Click HERE to find out more.
It is estimated that 90% of children consistently "labeled" as difficult in the classroom, have experienced some degree of trauma and sometimes face extreme learning challenges.
"'What we want to see is the child in pursuit of knowledge, and not knowledge in pursuit of the child."
- G B Shaw
"Feelings are not supposed to be logical. Dangerous is the man who has rationalized his emotions."
- David Borenstein
"Change has a considerable psychological impact on the human mind. To the fearful it is threatening because it means that things may get worse. To the hopeful it is encouraging because things may get better. To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better."
- King Whitney, Jr.
"Really great people make you feel that you, too, can
- Mark Twain
"Education is not filling a pail but the lighting of a fire."
-William Butler Yeats
"Too often we give children answers to remember rather than problems to solve."
- Roger Lewin
BCI Home About Us Articles Store Testimonials Seminars
Contact Us Readings eNewsletter Archive Daily Reflections Media Press Kit
Beyond Consequences Institute, LLC
1630A 30th St. #488
Boulder, CO 80301